Tuesday

So I'm feeling a bit boring these days. I'm looking back and realizing that I'm blogging less and less, but it's not that I don't want to or that I'm getting lazy. I just DON'T HAVE ANYTHING worth talking about. I've been incredibly busy since the start of this year it seems; however, everything in my life has revolved around other people's lives. Namely the biggest occassions in their lives - weddings and babies.

I keep hearing that the "it's the age" line, and apparently I must be in a silent revolt against those events in my own life, because I'm "the age" and these things are certainly not happening to me. It's not so much a complaint, I guess, as it is a lament on the fact that I'm feeling very dull and nonspectacular next to all of these people who are doing exciting things.

I mean, my major accomplishments this year so far are things like I haven't missed an episode of The Amazing Race, or, oh look, I've managed to gain more weight! Oh, the excitement is excruciating!

No, no complaints though really. Life is stable right now, and I guess there is a lot to be said for that. I have a good job that continues day after day, and I'm blessed with wonderful people in my life who I love to see and spend time with. Which reminds me - is everyone aware of Aaron and Deb's seis de Mayo party? Friday night around 8 (i think). Hope to see you there, so we can do that hanging out thing. And maybe you'll drink one too many margaritas and give me something to blog about.

3 Comments:

Blogger Ben said...

The email I got said the party was on Sat. the 7th. I double checked once I read your post. Double check your info....maybe they're having 2 partys?

I'm not buying that "boring life" crap. See this post: http://shannononoccassion.blogspot.com/2005/03/le-burrr.html

So what if your not having babies or getting married quite yet, you are traveling to really cool places. Those people that get married and have kids right away usually miss out on that stuff. Your lucky.
(note to self: ask TJ why he's waiting so long to pop the question)...did I just type that out loud?

10:20 PM  
Blogger shannonO said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

9:51 AM  
Blogger shannonO said...

Whoa guy! Settle down!

Momentary weakness of the mind in that post. I really am very happy and contented with my life right now. Just after such exciting traveling and participating in so many other people's exciting events, blogs about going to work everyday seem rather dull.

I know boo hoo right?

9:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home