Thursday

i like the art in you

So, Ben and Ginny joined TJ and I at the Boca Raton Art Museum last night for their "Wednesday nights are free" program. I heard about it on NPR and figured it would be a great way to spend a night. (if any of you haven't gone, you should. it's free every wed. night from 5pm to 9). The works of Ignacio Iturria were on exhibit and it literally was one of the first times in a long time that I've really liked a modern artist and almost everything he had on display. Almost all of his works were on cardboard - some on canvas - some on mirror, all with oil. He has an amazing ability of creating a 3D effect with his art that makes you feel like you can reach out and grab the people in his paintings - like you can walk into the buildings he portrays. Really impressive.

I had a really good time and I'm definitely thinking of making this a once a month outing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home