Monday

So, I'm still of the communicating disabled world. I have yet to receive my new phone and I'm relying on the use of tj's computer, as mine (which is a work computer,) is being exchanged out for a new updated one. -yay! on that by the way- I wish the real world worked like that. A piece of equipment you use becomes outdated and "voila", a new updated one arrives at your doorstep. Of course, the downside to that is the fact that I don't actually own my own computer, but I'll deal with that when the time comes.

So this week has been back to the grind as usual. I did go with my sister to see Jason Mraz at the Broward Center for the Performing Arts (which, if you can't imagine already, is an amazing venue for anyone with a decent set of pipes). Before you all make fun of me, I will say that is was well worth it. This guy's got an incredible voice, a really unique style, and a lot of really thought provoking lyrics. If you can get past the radio cuts, his live stuff is worth seeing. Saying that, I will never see him in a venue like that again - good acoustics or not. I was not prepared for the teeming crowds of screaming 15 yr.olds. I would recommend that anyone check him out in a smaller club/bar like setting where the crowd is 18+ only.

Most impressive was the group of muscians that he brought with him. One in particular, Raul Midon, was this man who was blinded at birth that can play acoustic guitar like no one I have every seen before. He had this way of keeping a whole percussion beat going while he played that blew me away.

The whole show was such an oxymoron. You have this very sophisticated group of musicians playing really amazing music to the most teeny bopperish crowd I have ever been a part of. I just kind of looked around and thought, how can this happen? It was like NSYNC fans showing up at a Jeff Buckley concert because they thought that "Last Goodbye" was sweet when they saw Vanilla Sky because Tom Cruise is hot. Anyways, interesting to say the least. Check out the live stuff if you happen to come accross it. Worth a listen

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home